Dark Blue - Dunkelblau



Dear friends,


another WIP done. It seems I'm clearing the boxes and shelves of things I started but never finished, either because I ran out of ideas or because I lost my enthusiasm or because another project interfered or... Maybe it's because that dark blue is so terribly dark after all...

This was why these hexagons I started on the balcony of my parents' flat at the Belgian Coast and finished soon after returning home at the end of April never turned into anything else than a pile of hexagons.
  

They did not feel like yet another cushion and this year I do not feel like making any bags. It's only now, after starting to crochet away last year's flowery Granny Squares, that I came up with an idea.
  

I have to admit, that the table-runner is not entirely my cup of tea, as it's a bit on the dark side. I'm definitely more a bright and/or delicate colours kind of person (even though I've crocheted very little with pastels lately). But maybe someone will come along and be delighted with this set... I just might crochet some coasters to match...
  

I'll keep in touch.

P.S.: It was hard work getting any picture taken. The sun kept hiding behind the clouds and the wind was playfully pushing the vase over and over again...
P.S.2: Hexagon pattern here.
P.S.3: No pattern for the flowers – just made them this way:
           Rd. 1: [tr3tog + ch 2 in magic circle], repeat 6 times
           Rd. 2: sc in cluster, ch 2, 4 tr in loop, ch 2, sc in cluster...
  



Liebe Freunde,


Vorgestern habe ich ein weiteres Projekt fertiggestellt. In den Kisten und auf den Regalbrettern im Atelier wartet so manch angefangene Arbeit auf ihre Vollendung, entweder weil mir inzwischen die Ideen ausgegangen sind, weil ein anderes Projekt sich dazwischen gedrängt hat oder weil mir einfach die Lust daran vergangen ist.

So erging es auch den Sechsecken, die ich auf dem Balkon der Wohnung meiner Eltern an der belgischen Küste angefangen und kurz nach unserer Rückkehr Ende April fertigstellt hatte.


Mir war nicht nach einem weiteren Kissen und die Idee einer Tasche wurde auch alsbald verworfen. Vielleicht lag es auch daran, dass das Dunkelblau ziemlich dunkel ist... Wer weiß!?

Als ich dann anfing die blumigen Granny Squares wegzuarbeiten, kam mir plötzlich eine Idee.
  

Ich gebe gerne zu, dass dieser Tischläufer nicht wirklich mein Fall ist. Dafür ist er einfach zu dunkel, aber kommt Zeit, kommt Rat. Vielleicht findet sich jemand, der sich für das Set begeistern kann. (Ich könnte gegebenenfalls auch noch ein paar farblich passende Untersetzer dazu häkeln...)
  

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Es war nicht leicht die Bilder zu machen. Wenn die Sonne sich dann mal nicht hinter der nächsten Wolke versteckte, dann warf der Wind die Vase um, und nochmal und nochmal und…
P.S.2: Hier ist die Anleitung für die Sechsecke zu finden.
P.S.3: Es gibt keine Anleitung für die Blumen, ich habe sie einfach so gemacht:
           Rd. 1: 6x [3 zabStb + 2 Lm in Fadenring]
           Rd. 2: fM in zabSt, 2 Lm, 4 Stb um LmB, 2 Lm, fM in zabStb,...
   

Kommentare

  1. Wow, I love the tablerunner. I made a much bigger one of my hexagons in royal blue with bright colors joining it togeter. I have to copy that shape. Perfect. Do share it tomorrow at my link up.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Monica, thank you, and I surely will join your link up! Marjan

      Löschen
  2. I have been using bright colors myself lately but I do like the way it turned out. If it's not your style I'm sure there is some one who will come along and gladly take it home with them!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Allison, thank you for these kind words. I'm confident the tablerunner will find a loving home. Hope you've enjoyed your visit at my studio. Love, Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Congratulations for being 2. in my link up last week.
    Do join in this week too.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. GREAT! I surely will! Thank you for featuring my tablerunner.

      Löschen
  4. Cute! I really like the table runner!!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts